Adulting 101 is our new series designed to share the knowledge and skills of generations with one another. We will be giving basic advice on how to do a variety of tasks around the house to make life easier and save some money. The list of classes includes:
- Sewing – use a sewing machine, sew on a button, hand stitch, quilt, crochet, knit, auger
- Cooking – Deciphering a recipe, freezer meals, crockpot meals, utensils and techniques
- Canning and freezing – basic information and equipment, where to find recipes, health and safety info
- Gardening – when to plant, what to plant, when to harvest
- Home Repair – leaky faucet, loose cabinets, electrical breakers, when to call a professional
- Auto Maintenance/Repair – oil change, tire change, what to do to keep your car running
- Gadgets and Gizmos – tutorials on all the ‘smart’ things, how to use Apps (Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.)
- Stretching a buck – where can you save money?, ‘life hacks’ from the Great Depression
- Dancing Class – ballroom, country, square, etc.
As we begin to get the classes scheduled, we will update this page.
You can sign up to help or to attend a class by using the form below: